Users outside of the U.S.
Important Information for Users Outside of the U.S. – Transfer of Data
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Median’s commitment to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles
Accountability for onward transfers
Median’s accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Median remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Median proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Right of access
You have a legal right to request the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct, amend or delete such personal information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles.
Resolution of disputes and complaint mechanism
In compliance with EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, Median commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If European Union or Swiss citizens have any queries related to the processing of your personal information under the Privacy Shield framework, we encourage you to contact us directly in the first instance at: [email protected] or Median Privacy, 7333 N 154th Ave., Bennington, NE 68007.
Independent recourse mechanism
In compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, Median commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Privacy Shield Compliance
Median CRM Inc.
7333 N 154th Ave.
Bennington, NE 68007
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of such Personal Data in accordance with the principles contained in our Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles. For complaints that cannot be resolved between us and the complainant, we have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures pursuant to the Privacy Shield Principles.
Median has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
Median is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Disclosure of EU personal data to public authorities and law enforcement agencies Median may be required to share your personal information in response to lawful by public authorities, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
In the course of your use of the Services, Median or third-party vendors contracted by us will collect, use, disclose, store, process, and transfer to the United States and/or other countries data that allows someone to identify or contact you, such as your geographic location of the device you are using to access the Services or any of the following information (collectively your “Private Information”):
- Your account Registration Data;
- Your credit card and/or other billing information;
- Personal information such as your name, email address, and phone number;
- Business information like your company name, company size, and business type;
- Your customers’ information that you provide to us or through your customers’ interaction with the Services;
- Any other information you provide to us, such as your coworker’s email address;
- Account information from Add-ons and other third-party services you use in conjunction with our Services;
- Data about your use of the Services, such as but not limited to interactions with the user interface to the Services, the Internet Protocol Address for the computers you use to connect to the Services with, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you use to describe yourself; and
- Data required for operation of the Services such as but not limited to information you submit to, publish with, or transfer through to the Services.
All data transfers from the European Economic Area and Switzerland are covered under the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks respectively.
We use your Private Information only:
- to provide the Services to you,
- to send you notification of updates to the Services,
- to send you marketing communications such as email (unless you choose to stop our email newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails),
- for billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention,
- to improve the Services,
- for internal market research, troubleshooting, detecting and protecting against error, fraud, or other criminal activity,
- to enforce our Terms of Service,
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the use described when the information was requested.
We may share or collect your Private Information in collaboration with our third party service providers (“Partners”), including companies that assist with payment processing, business analytics, data processing, account management, and other services. We instruct these Partners to not use your Private Information themselves or share it with another party not under a similar contract to provide service to us, and to only use your Private Information for the specific services we have requested for us or on your behalf. Although we ensure that our Partners receiving your information are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy, Median is not responsible for any issues that may arise regarding the privacy policies of any of its affiliates, Partners, or advertisers. By using the Services, you do hereby agree to hold Median harmless from any claims and/or damages that may arise from the actions of any of its affiliates and/or advertisers.
Do not track signals.
You may have implemented a “do not track” signal through your browser. As there currently is no fixed standard for do not track signals, we currently do not respond to do not track signals from your web browser.
We will take all appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect the Personal Information, keeping in mind the nature of such data. Median shall hold those of its employees with access to personal data accountable for violations of this agreement imposing sanctions, which include, where appropriate, the possibility of termination of contracts and employment.
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice within the application of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database, and choose to not receive future communications unrelated to the Services by canceling your account; if you wish to do so, please contact us at [email protected]
When you register for the Services we will include you in marketing correspondence from Median, which you can opt-out of at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the email. If you use the Services, we may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programs. You always have the option to ask Median not to contact you with this information again. If you receive unsolicited email from a Median domain after opting out, please contact us at [email protected].
To preserve the integrity of our Services, we may also retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time, even after the termination of your account or your relationship with us as governed by the Terms of Service. We will not share Private Information in backups with third parties unless compelled to by law.
Requests to Access, Edit, or Delete Information.
You have a right to access your personal information. Please contact us at [email protected] to find out how to access and change information you cannot access through your account. You may edit your account information when logged in to the Services at any time — all you need is your username and password. Median shall, upon request and promptly using commercially reasonable efforts, correct, delete, and/or block Private Information from further processing and/or use except to the extent required by law. You can request deletion or correction of your Private Information by contacting Median at [email protected]
Notification of Changes
Children’s Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Median CRM Inc. remains liable for the transfer of personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
Copyright © 2019 Median, Inc.